Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas was good, but now the house is a mess. It will probably be that way until the kids go back to school and Jason goes back to work. Darn toys.

I got a letter yesterday that my physical therapy will not be covered by insurance even though two separate doctors prescribed it for me. I might try to appeal that though. They say it's not covered for chronic illness and the rehabilitation of that. We'll I would think based on the fact that I have bursitis, it wouldn't be covered, but since the bursitis is a result of my pregnancy, maybe it will be covered since that wouldn't be considered chronic. I guess it's worth a try, but by the time I get my answer as to whether or not it's covered, I'll probably have had the baby. They say it goes through 2 appeal processes and the first one is 15 days. By then I'll be 33 weeks and if it has to go through another process that's also 15 days, I'll be 35 weeks and by then, is there really a point to the PT? I was in tears about it last night. It's not easy living with constant pain. We went to Target yesterday because I wanted to get out of the house and by the time we left there I was hurting pretty bad. We were there for about 25 minutes and trust me, I walk slooooowww.

I have another ultrasound today to check on Jacob's kidneys and heart. I'm excited about that because I want to see if it's resolved itself and plus we'll get to see him again and see how big he's getting. I have a regular appointment after my ultrasound too. I have a whole list of questions to ask for her...

1. Is there anything she can prescribe for the pain? There has to be something safe to take.
2. How am I going to deliver a baby if I can't open my legs? Sorry, too much info...
3. What can I take for heartburn? I had it last night pretty bad and I don't know if it's something I ate or if I'm just getting to the heartburn stage. I had it bad with Ry and just suffered through it.
4. Can I get a temporary handicap parking permit? My physical therapist wanted me to ask. They don't want me walking any more than I have to.

I think there was more, but I can't remember. I should write these questions down before I forget.

I'll update after my appointment.

No comments: